Mell Gutarra, MD
Dr. Mell Gutarra is a compassionate and caring rheumatologist, with a board certification in both Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
Dr. Gutarra decided to pursue a Rheumatology fellowship after his Internal Medicine training due to the challenge the specialty presents. It is one of the last pure clinical fields in medicine relying on a good clinical history and physical exam of the patient. Rheumatology is a filed that allows the physician to see and evaluate compolex cases in patients who may have been waiting for a diagnosis for years and providing long awaited answers for them. "Above all, it allows me to provide relief to one of the most common but insidious complaints... chronic pain."
- Fellowship - Rheumatology, Indiana University
- Residency - Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Science Center
- Medical School - Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
- Systemic erythematosus lupus
- Connective Tissue Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis